Permanent ME was an American Pop Punk band from Bellmore, New York that was formed while the members were in high school and ended in 2008.
Permanent ME first formed while its members were in high school, first as "The Madison Chase", then "Crown Victorian", and then thirdly as "Yes, Virginia". The group benefited from online promotion on sites such as MySpace, and after catching the ear of Sum 41 lead singer Deryck Whibley and producer Matt Squire, Yes, Virginia signed to independent label I Surrender Records.n
The group changed its name to Permanent ME after legal issues with a band with the same name from NYC. They then recorded their first EP, Dear Virginia, which came out in May of 2006. Later in 2006 the group signed to Island Records subsidiary Stolen Transmission Records and released their first full-length, After the Room Clears, early in 2007. After the release of their cd bassist Justin Morrell announced he was leaving Permanent Me and later joined the band Big City Lights. Justin was replaced with Mike's cousin Artie. In November 2007 it was announced that Mike and Artie were leaving Permanent Me. In January 2008 Permanent Me released an new demo on their myspace, and are currently writing a new record. Permanent Me decided in March 2008 to go their separate ways.
Brian Kapler is now frontman of the rock band The Moonlighters. Michael Fleischman is now in Nightmare of You.
- Former members
- Brian Kapler - vocals. guitar
- Joseph Guccione - guitar, vocals, bass
- Adam Aviles - guitar (The Madison Chase)
- Chris Leonard - guitar (The Madison Chase)
- Artie Fleischmann - bass (Permanent Me)
- Mike Fleischmann - drums(The Madison Chase/Crown Victorian/Yes, Virginia/Permanent Me)
- Justin Morrell - bass (Permanent ME)
- Jon Bulzomi - bass (Yes, Virginia/Crown Victorian/The Madison Chase)
- Dan McCabe - guitar (Yes, Virginia)
- Dear Virginia EP (I Surrender Records, 2006)
- After the Room Clears (Stolen Transmission Records, 2007) US