Subterfuge was a Hardcore Punk band from Long Island that lasted from 1996-2003.
Formed in January of 1996 as a 3 piece punk/hardcore band, Subterfuge slowly worked their way up to the top of the LIHC scene by 2003. After putting out a couple of demos, appearing on a handful of compilation cds, and releasing the 7" record "Fight Back" on their own label Pride Recordz, Subterfuge went into the studio in the summer of 2000 to record their first full-length, titled "Our Own Terms". After recruiting Ed Lee to take over on guitar in early 2001 so Chris could concentrate soley on vocals, Subterfuge set out to play more shows and toured the east coast with The Backup Plan, to support their new album. At the start of 2002, new songs were being written, with two being debuted on the split 7" with their good friends and tourmates, The Backup Plan. In the summer of 2002, they made appearances at "Walk Together Rock Together Fest", This Island Earth Fest and Bowlingcore '02, as well as did a short north-east tour in early August. While still playing out a lot, new material was being written and plans for another full-length was being planned. Between the last few months of 2002 and the spring of 2003, Subterfuge decided to record a bunch of covers songs which was released in July of 2003 as "Est.1996" to pay homage to bands that influenced them. In early 2003, a new track was debuted on "631 Vol.1 'a long island hardcore compilation' ". In the summer of 2003, they headed into legendary studio "The Magic Shop" in NYC to lay down the basic tracks for their final release. During these sessions, Subterfuge had decided to call it a day and focus on each of their own interests. They did finish up most of the new material and released "Nobody Gets Out Alive" as part of their legendary farewell shows in October of 2003.
- Senor Anchovie (1996, Cassette, Out of Print.)
- Subterfuge Demo (1997, Cassette, Out of Print.)
- DOA (1997, Cassette, Out of Print.)
- Subterfuge 1998 Demo (1998, Cassette, Out of Print)
- Powersurge/Subterfuge Live VHS (1998, VHS, Out of Print)
- Fight Back (1999/2000, Vinyl and CD, cd out of print)
- Double Crossed/Subterfuge Split (1999, Split Cassette, Out of Print)
- Our Own Terms (2001, CD)
- Subterfuge/The Backup Plan (2002, Split 7", Out of Print)
- Established 1996 (2003, CD)
- Nobody Gets Out Alive (2003, CD)